Location: Lockport, NY
Project Description: 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom home remodel
Discover how Remodrn transformed a deteriorating creekside home into a beautiful family space.
About the Tonawanda Creek Home Remodel
This 1518 square foot Tonawanda Creekside home originally sat deteriorating and in disrepair prior to Remodrn purchasing. Mold and trees grew on the decaying roof. Previous owners tried to help the home through additions that functionally did not make a lot of sense. The original kitchen dated back to mid century and there was structural damage throughout the home. Dated fixtures and faux beams darkened the home, along with bright, inconsistent rooms.
Once purchased, Remodrn went to work on a full home remodel/. Part of the entire home renovation to this project included:
- Demolition – removal of walls on first floor to create an open concept floor plan
- Ceiling removal – original ceilings had damaged and need to be removed and rebuilt
- Structural Work – original floors were crooked, structural rework had to be done to make the floors level, sound and up to code
- Electrical – needed to be brought up to code
- Full Functional Kitchen Remodel – after removal of the kitchen, we replace with new modern cabinets and countertops. Functionality and design aesthetic were key to the remodel.
- Bathroom remodels – upstairs and downstairs bathroom were both remodeled in similar styles to create a unified theme in the home, tile was installed, new vanity installed, along with a vanity upcycle in the downstairs bath
- Accent wall – We created a shiplap wall in the downstairs living room for a great aesthetic touch
- French door installation – We installed french doors to add light, yet create privacy in the downstairs master bedroom.
- Engineered Hardwood Flooring Installation – We installed new floors to create a modern aesthetic in the home, as well as carpet upstairs